Monday, January 28, 2013

Three Great Things: A Mini Link List

I feel like I’m on a roll with lists these days, so how about a quick link list with some good reading material?  Okay, go:

* Inspiration for tackling big projects: Raquelita’s post about the parallels between running and writing.  It’s such a great essay for the new year.  Remember, all big projects are built the same way, step by step, even things like marathons, novels, and PhD theses.

* I enjoy a good style blog—it’s all about the eye candy!  Sara’s blog, To Be Worn, is my new favorite style treat.  Her style reminds me of a cross between Kendi’s and Tania’s.  For easier clicking, you can check out Sara’s Flickr set.  (If anyone would like to buy me this dress, I’d be most obliged.  Please and thank you.)

* I am drawn to stories about shopping bans and people’s relationships with consumerism.  As a reformed underbuyer**, it’s probably not a good idea for me to go on a shopping ban, but I did enjoy this post about a year-long shopping diet.  (Bummer that the author of that post has taken down her blog!  Luckily her guest post is still on-line at Yes and Yes.)

(** More about this one soon, I hope.)

No comments: