Monday, October 28, 2013

Feels Like Running

Bib Plus Medal

Hey, hey!  I’m alive!

My apologies for my unannounced break from this space.  I thought I’d stop by to say hello and point you toward my other blog, where I just wrote about running my first marathon and what an adventure that was.  It was an amazing day; I’m still glowing about it.  And if you want to read about the ups and downs of training for a marathon in summertime Texas, I’ll be updating this training archive page soon.

In other news, we just celebrated Paul’s 30th birthday with friends and sushi and games and this chocolate cake, which I will tell you about ASAP, I promise.  He said it was one of the best birthdays he’s had in a while, which made me happy.  (He makes me happy.)  And in other other news, I’m back on the job market earlier than expected, which I will also tell you about soon.  Man, this year—it’s giving me whiplash.  I’m hoping to slow down a bit in November, to savor things for a while.  Things like the Cranberry-Pecan Cinnamon Rolls in the newest issue of EatingWell.  Things like my 32nd birthday, which is less than a month away.  Things like the light in late autumn Texas, which is so heartbreakingly beautiful that time just stops when I go for a walk in the late afternoon.

There’s so much to tell you, dear reader.  We’ll start with cake.

Until then, have a great week!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats again on your marathon-- so proud of you :) happy birthday to paul as well! hopefully you can ride the high's through the job market... fingers crossed for both of us!

Rosiecat24 said...

Thanks, Shannon! Good luck to YOU! Job-hunting is a wave of highs and lows...fingers crossed that you find a great position that you love :-)