Sunday, September 9, 2012

Do They Make Vaccines for Desserts?

I made another batch of my favorite cookies, and this time, I upped the ante by rolling them in cinnamon sugar.  Of course, being the good hippie that I am, I used turbinado sugar and ended up with cookies that look like they have the pox.  See?

Another Cookie

Okay, small pox is no joke, and I apologize.  As a side note, did you know that historically, small pox got its name because another disease, syphilis, causes large pox on the skin of its victims?

The good news is that despite their rather sketchy appearance, these cookies were totally delicious.  I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again: ugly food is good food.  If you want to make a good cookie into a really great cookie, roll it in sugar.  Ta-da!

Happy Sunday, everyone.  I am super busy this month but have tons of ideas for blog posts, so hopefully I’ll have enough time to check in once or twice a week.  I’ve got some recipes, a rant or two, some thoughts on dating(!), and perhaps even a series about some of my favorite products I’ve discovered.  I may be short on time now, but I am long on ideas and affection for all of you.  Until next time, be well and happy cooking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks good to me!! perhaps i know it's a cookie, thus it trumps all else ;) I should have those bourbon peaches with brown sugar shortcake up soon-- need to make it again so i get pictures!

Rosiecat24 said...

YUM! (That's all I have to say about those bourbon peaches. I bet you could put them in an old shoe and I'd still want to eat them.)

COOKIES ABOVE ALL ELSE! Except maybe bourbon peaches with some whipped cream on top.