First things first: I’m writing shorter posts lately! This is quite an accomplishment for me, because I do go on and on…but do you like shorter posts? Yes? No? Don’t care? I happen to like posts of all shapes and sizes—so much depends on the content. I do like the idea of posting something short and sweet every day, but I also know that posting every day is not sustainable for me. And sometimes the content is better suited for a longer post. I say: let our posts run wild!
And now, onto the confessions.
* I adore a good meatball. There, I said it! I’m a vegetarian who likes meatballs. They fall into my 1% category, as in I eat meat 1% of the time. My love for meatballs has resulted in a somewhat lazy search for a good recipe for vegetarian meatballs, but so far, I haven’t tried anything worth writing home about.
* I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Except I use jam, and I especially love them on toasted bread. Mmm, crunchy.
* I used to never drink alone, and now I drink alone more often than not. I’ve decided there’s nothing wrong with this.
* I love my knife collection.
* I think Anthony Bourdain is arrogant, sexy, and wrong about vegetarians. Talk about tension!
* And a non-foodie confessional just for fun: I don’t think I’m a hoarder, but I read stories about hoarding and purging with great fascination. I think “obsession” is too strong a word, but for someone without that problem, I’m awfully interested in the stories. We have a hoarder in my family, so maybe that has something to do with it? (And here’s a fun story about the benefits of not hoarding clothes!)
Okay, I’m listening: what are your foodie confessions, dear readers?