Thursday, August 8, 2013

This Week I Am…

Smile

…being kind to myself as I adjust to a new job and new expectations.  Transitions are always overwhelming for me, so I’m trying not to let my anxiety run the show.

…surviving the Texas heat, which is pretty brutal this week.  100+-degree days?  Sure, why not?  Yay for August.

…looking forward to a weekend trip to Dallas.  Paul has a dance workshop on Sunday, so we are using it as a very good excuse to go see our friends the Minnericks.  If it seems like we’ve been visiting Dallas a lot this year, it’s because we have.  We’ve been able to visit them for at least an overnight every month since May—potluck in May, a visit in June, a pitstop on our way back from Colorado in July.  I always feel so inspired and happy when we spend time with Amber and Jeremy, so even though it’s a teeny-tiny bit stressful to be planning for an out-of-town weekend right now, I’m very much looking forward to seeing them.

…cooking stuffed red bell peppers.  Tis the season for bell peppers!

…eating blueberries, strawberries, and peaches like there’s no tomorrow.

…overwhelmed by my closet, in the best possible way.  Y’all, I have a lot of clothes.  I want to write more about this topic soon.  I’ve got thoughts.

…loving season four of Arrested Development.  I don’t want to give away any spoilers, so I’ll just say that Ben Stiller as Tony Wonder is The Best.

…wishing you a very happy day!  Until next time, my dears.

No comments: