Thursday, November 1, 2012

Three for Thursday

File this one under “everyday life,” dear readers: here are three random but good things on this gorgeous Thursday.

1)  I am crazy about Pier One.  It is, I think, the only store for which I have a store credit card, and I find that wandering through all the pretty things is one of my favorite no-work stress-busters.  This week I’m especially excited because I finally found a tree for my necklaces.  Every time I walk past it in my bedroom, I get a little buzz of pleasure.

New Jewelry Tree

I’m also crazy about the fake polaroid border that I can apply to my photos.  Cheesy?  Perhaps.  But it’s harmless fun, so hopefully you’ll forgive me.

2)  I’ve been struggling at work lately.  I’m working on a new project, which includes designing a new assay, and frankly, it’s been wiping me out.  But yesterday and today, I have felt like maybe, just maybe, I’m starting to get the hang of it.  I will take these small moments of victory wherever I can find them!

3)  I’m getting pretty excited for Thanksgiving.  For me, Thanksgiving is always a two-for-one holiday because my birthday falls right around the same time.  I love the idea of a holiday devoted to gratitude and the autumn harvest.  This year, some friends and I are organizing a Thanksgiving meal for all the orphans who won’t be spending the holiday with family.  I think our meal will be a (mostly) gluten-free affair, so I’m busy plotting vegetarian, gluten-free options.  Right now, I’m thinking a smoky pumpkin quiche (made with a savory almond flour crust) and pumpkin cheesecake bars.  If we need a salad, I might bring one of those as well—I love a good salad.

What’s making you happy today? 

No comments: