Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Thursday List

My blog friend Chrissy used to write these great lists on Fridays.  She would list the ups and downs of her week (+/-), and I always thought it was a fun bird’s-eye view of the week.  These days, I feel terribly behind on my ambitious blogging plans; I have approximately 685 posts that I’d like to write, several of which I’ve already started.  But I really enjoy spontaneous blogging too, the kind that happens because you are inspired, so you sit down, pull your thoughts together, press “Publish,” and voila!  A fresh new post, happy and shiny and filled with whatever was rolling around in your head at that moment.

Ta da!  Let’s do this.

The good stuff:

* Rain!  Cooler weather!  And during the week of the summer solstice no less!  It’s a Texas miracle!

* Green dresses from Five Bamboo.  I could live in this dress for the next five months.  It even has pockets! 

Green Dress with Hippie Shoes

* Glee on Netflix.  So fun, so cheesy, so ridiculous, so awesome.  I am hooked.

* Crazy squirrels.  Hey, we all get hungry sometimes.

We All Get Hungry Sometimes

* Rediscovering my Heather Nova CD.  Between this and Glee, it’s like I’m back in high school again, minus all that angsty crushing on the guy who never did return my teenage love.  I hear he’s a doctor now…but so am I!  Ha.

* Things calming down at work after a few weeks of chaos.  I am busy busy busy, but it’s not quite so overwhelming.

The not-so-good stuff:

* A boring lunch on Wednesday.  I am such a ridiculous foodie that a boring lunch will get me down.

* Mystery produce that turned out NOT to be tender green beans.  Instead, I bought tough, stringy green bean imposters.  Does anyone know what these are?

Mystery Produce

Happy almost-weekend, groovy readers!  May your lunches be exciting and your crushes love you back.

6 comments:

Chrissy said...

You just inspired me to post a +/- list today. Thank you for that!

I know what you mean about boring food ruining your day. I've had no appetite or ambition to cook in this heat. It breaks my food-loving heart!

Rosiecat24 said...

Chrissy, yay! Thank YOU for the inspiration, my dear. I like borrowing other people's blogging prompts :-)

My boring lunch bummed me out so much that Wednesday night, I did some gratuitous cooking, making my favorite slow-cooked green beans with those green bean impostors and an apple crumble. The crumble was totally delicious and can easily be made vegan, so I hope to share it soon :-)

Chrissy said...

How did you know I love apple crumble? Looking forward to the recipe!

Rosiecat24 said...

Hee hee! Time to expedite that recipe post for you! It's a delicious task, but someone's got to do it.

JD @ run-thru-life.blogspot.com said...

I am pretty sure those imposter beans are some type of wax beans, or yellow beans. The problem is that those look....ehhhh...lets just say if those were growing in my garden, I would let them go to seed.

Rosiecat24 said...

Ah, thanks for the vegetable insight, JD! It's true that these beans are a little...old. Yes, old. They weren't so speckled when I bought them, but they were still tough! I refused to throw them out because I felt like I was throwing my money away. I hate wasting food! (I'm sure AMPD would be dittoing me on this point!)