Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hi

Yellow Scarf

Snacktime

Thursday Night Tomatoes

Hi.

I feel like I dropped the ball last week, and for that, I’m sorry.  I almost didn’t write this post tonight, too, but then I was re-reading my own words about that delicious black bean soup, the one with the roasted vegetables that my friend Ammie says I should try with sour cream spiked with toasted ground cumin, and I missed my blog.  I missed you, all of you, my sweet readers.  My life has been hectic and overwhelming lately, which is why I dropped the ball.  Things are…in flux for me these days.  It’s hard for me to write about it, because I honestly do not know where the line is between “okay to share” and “shooting self in foot.”  It’s about my job, which means it’s about how I spend my days, and what my future holds, and where I’ll be living in six months.  It’s complicated.  It’s difficult for me that I can’t write about it here.  Then again, it can be nice to have a place where I don’t have to talk about work or think about work.

Anyway, I wanted to stop by to tell you that one, I’m alive, and two, I’m cooking.  Tonight I thought about telling you about a frittata recipe that I really like, a slight adaptation of Mollie Katzen’s recipe in Sunlight Cafe, but then I decided that for tonight, saying hello would be sufficient.  But I did bring you pictures!  Two from my weekend, a lovely weekend with the sweetest man I know, and one from tonight.  I want to tell you more about my weekend, and that frittata, and these cornbread crepe thingies that go really well with last week’s black bean soup.  I also want to tell you my vegetarian story, which was supposed to be the capstone to my Veg Bootcamp series, the one that seemed to end so abruptly.  It’s not over, people, and I’m not done here.  I’m just taking a little breath, to refocus and recalibrate.  Thanks for bearing with me here, for being with me here.  Truly, writing this blog—and doing all the cooking and photographing that happens before the writing—is such fun, such joy.  I hope to carve out some time this weekend to write, but if that doesn’t happen, please don’t worry.  I’m probably just trying to stay calm in the middle of a hard time.

See you in a few days…maybe!  And happy cooking, always.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi :) i've been busy too, can't keep up these days, but miss you!

Rosiecat24 said...

Aww, I miss you too! I hope your busy-ness has been for good stuff in your life. Things have been really hard for me for the past few weeks, but I think the worst of it is probably over for now. I hope...

Happy summer, Shannon! Summer in Boston is pretty glorious--enjoy it :-)