Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Oh, Sadness

Hello, everyone!

My week is off to a disappointing start. I have a cold right now, which at times makes me feel spacey (even more than normal), dizzy, nauseous, and exhausted. Last night I was making pizza dough for tonight's dinner. While the dough was rising, I couldn't find anything good on tv, so I just had to lay down and do nothing because I was so tired and dizzy. In other disappointing news, my graduate advisor and I received a letter from the Journal of Neuroscience that our paper has been rejected. Oh, sadness! So now it's back to the drawing board as we appeal the decision, prepare to do more experiments, and consider submitting the paper to a different journal. Science can be brutal.

On the bright side, I'm making White and Green Pizza tonight for dinner. This week I'll be posting several excellent Monday-Friday dinner options that can be made very quickly at home even when you've worked a full day and you come home STARVING! (But I do recommend a snack while you're cooking--a healthy snack, of course, but a snack nonetheless. I like half a glass of fruit juice.) In addition, Boston Legal returns tonight with a brand-new season. I love James Spader! I loathe William Shatner, or at least his character on the show...but I tolerate him for the pleasure of watching James. He's a very charismatic actor, even if he is twice my age and a little paunchy. And his character on the show is so witty! I highly recommend it.

No comments: