Saturday, February 16, 2013

Greetings from the Crescent City

I’ve laughed, I’ve cried, I’ve ridden a ferry.  Hello from New Orleans!

New Orleans Near Algiers Point

My friends and I are here this weekend to celebrate our bride-to-be, Erin, in all her bachelorette glory.  We spent today walking around, visiting the cemeteries on Canal Street, trying on shoes in Aerosoles in Jackson Square, and eating South Indian food.  Well, okay, that’s what I was eating.  I’m having a terrible time trying to be a vegetarian in this town, and it’s my fault.  Last night I decided to indulge in jambalaya, and today, I ordered a side salad and in my hunger/excitement about finally sitting down to lunch, I forgot to tell our server to hold the bacon.  The bacon was delicious, but the jambalaya was disappointing.  I’ve had much, much better in Evanston, Illinois, at a terrific Cajun restaurant called Dixie Kitchen.  I miss Dixie Kitchen.

But I’m having fun, and I’m glad I’m here, despite my vegetarian mishaps.  Tonight we’re heading out for tapas and drinks (and possibly beignets and coffee!), and I’m completely overwhelmed by the architectural beauty of this city.  For now, I want to share a few of my favorite photos from the cemeteries today.

Contemplating Statue   Flowers on Grave

Leontine's Grave

I hope you are having a good weekend, wherever you are!

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

Sounds like a lovely time!

Rosiecat24 said...

It was! I miss that city already.