Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens, Galveston, TX. (2011)
I have missed writing the occasional Thursday Up/Down post, so this week I’m bringing it back! Of course, today is Friday, so I’m a day late. But I jotted down the inspiration for today’s post yesterday (with a few add-ins today), so we can say this post was hatched on a Thursday. Yesterday was a really nice day.
On the Up side of things we have:
* Crisp fall weather and a glorious morning bike ride. (Well, one crisp fall morning. This morning we were back to balmy November weather.)
* My grant-writing is going well. This one has been pretty exhausting, but my fingers are crossed that the hardest revisions/rewrites are behind me.
* Speaking of grant-writing, I spent a delightful hour at the wine bar, drinking a very interesting Merlot and editing my grant. And friends, let me tell you: my grant sounded awesome. This is the protocol I will now follow every time I need to edit for content.
* After an hour of editing, friends joined me and we had an evening of wine and gourmet food-truck food. Delicious!
* Oranges are coming into season. I bought a big bag of cuties and have been eating them all week.
* Buying presents for other people. When it comes to gifts, I’m equal opportunity: I like to give and receive. The holiday season is always a time of brainstorming for gift ideas and enjoying the generosity.
*Gabrielle Bernstein’s TED talk. This talk was fabulous and exactly what I needed to hear this week. You all know that 2012 has been a hard year for me—I won’t reiterate that here. Listening to Gabrielle talk about letting go and forgiveness made me realize that it’s time to begin letting go of 2012. I have spent much of the year dwelling in the past and worrying about the future, and I’m ready to let all that go. Out with the sadness, in with the joy!
* And finally, I have nothing for the Down side of things! Happy weekend, all.