My blog friend Chrissy used to write these great lists on Fridays. She would list the ups and downs of her week (+/-), and I always thought it was a fun bird’s-eye view of the week. These days, I feel terribly behind on my ambitious blogging plans; I have approximately 685 posts that I’d like to write, several of which I’ve already started. But I really enjoy spontaneous blogging too, the kind that happens because you are inspired, so you sit down, pull your thoughts together, press “Publish,” and voila! A fresh new post, happy and shiny and filled with whatever was rolling around in your head at that moment.
Ta da! Let’s do this.
The good stuff:
* Rain! Cooler weather! And during the week of the summer solstice no less! It’s a Texas miracle!
* Green dresses from Five Bamboo. I could live in this dress for the next five months. It even has pockets!
* Glee on Netflix. So fun, so cheesy, so ridiculous, so awesome. I am hooked.
* Crazy squirrels. Hey, we all get hungry sometimes.
* Rediscovering my Heather Nova CD. Between this and Glee, it’s like I’m back in high school again, minus all that angsty crushing on the guy who never did return my teenage love. I hear he’s a doctor now…but so am I! Ha.
* Things calming down at work after a few weeks of chaos. I am busy busy busy, but it’s not quite so overwhelming.
The not-so-good stuff:
* A boring lunch on Wednesday. I am such a ridiculous foodie that a boring lunch will get me down.
* Mystery produce that turned out NOT to be tender green beans. Instead, I bought tough, stringy green bean imposters. Does anyone know what these are?
Happy almost-weekend, groovy readers! May your lunches be exciting and your crushes love you back.