Friday, March 4, 2011

All is Well

Late Night Table

Hi, y’all!  This is Rose-Anne’s Kitchen, checking in with her sweet readers to say that all is well over here.  Rose-Anne has been really busy this week, and the busy-ness is going to flow right on into the weekend.  A special gentleman is coming to town this evening, and I hear they’ve got reservations at The Lemon Wedge, in Bryan, Texas, College Station’s better half.  On Saturday—and I can’t even believe this is true—they won’t be cooking with me at all, except for maybe some breakfast nibbles.  There’s a lunchtime birthday party to attend and a dinner party invitation across town.  Oh, and at some point between the festivities, Rose-Anne has to pick up her race packet for Sunday’s half-marathon.

It sounds like a marathon weekend to me!  Don’t tell anyone, but Rose-Anne confided she’s feeling a bit stressed about all the activity, not the least of which is a 13.1-mile race starting at 7 AM on Sunday.  I told her that maybe she should cancel something so as not to go crazy, but she said that she’d rather be a little stressed than cancel any of the plans.  “So be it!” I said.  Actually, it doesn’t sound too bad, letting other people do the cooking and then just showing up to eat and laugh and share stories.  Then there’s the Matt factor: things are always more fun and relaxed when he’s around.  I think she’ll be okay.  She also wants me to wish you a happy weekend.

Until next time!  And for those of you who want to know how the half-marathon turns out, you can check out Rose-Anne’s running blog, Feels Like Flying, where she shares pictures of her feet and bikes caught in trees.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

don't get too lonely, kitchen, rose anne will be back before you know it! be sure to have something good for her when she's done with the race :)

Kitchen said...

Oh, Shannon! Rose-Anne practically abandoned me this weekend. She has too many friends, and I'm getting jealous of her social life. But on the plus side, I hear she's going grocery shopping today, and I LOVE GROCERIES! So maybe there's hope for us after all ;-)

(And Rose-Anne says hi and happy Sunday to you!)