Hello, hello! After the hurricane that was the start of the 2015 academic semester, I am back with a few great links to share with you on this fine Wednesday. Above, I share with you some springtime blossoms I saw this morning outside the library. (So pretty, right? So hopeful! Come on, spring!)
Let’s get to the links!
* ONE: Dear Sugar is back! In podcast form! Hurray!
* TWO: When I was in graduate school, I never got around to writing a post about the care and feeding of your graduate student. So I loved this post from Alison on the care and keeping of your med student. Yes.
* THREE: I’m trying to revise my wardrobe to reflect my new lifestyle as a professional freelancer. I no longer work in a lab, nor do I go to the same place every day for work. Some days I need to look more professional; other days I’m sitting on the floor with kids talking about science. I’m trying to figure out how to curate a wardrobe that will work for me. I loved Jess’s teacher capsule wardrobe—so many pretty pieces! All those jewel tones are my kind of capsule—I want to see more capsules where people don’t shy away from using beautiful, vibrant COLOR.
* FOUR: I’m feeling drawn yet again to meditation and to contemplating my spirituality. I have more to say on this topic, but for now, enjoy this beginner’s guide to meditation from my favorite, Gabrielle Bernstein. I especially like #5: peace begins with me.
* FIVE: “Don’t doubt yourself.” I’ve been super-busy with work, mostly high school chemistry. On top of that, I’ve been offered some interesting freelancing opportunities that will push me out of my comfort zone. I want to bookmark this post on avoiding freelancer burn-out because some weeks are really hard and I need reminders that it’s okay to set limits, to take time to learn new things, to be a little choosy over the jobs I take.
So what’s new with all of you, lovely readers?