* roasting tomatoes using the technique from this recipe. They are delicious! And you can totally use canned tomatoes if that’s what you have on hand. That’s what I had on Sunday, and the smell of them in my oven was intoxicating.
* catching up with blog friends and saying hello on their posts. (Hi, guys!)
* trying to pick recipes from Vegeterranean, which is a lot on the cheffy side for my taste, but maybe I’ll learn something new by moving out of my culinary comfort zone.
* speaking of Vegeterranean, I’m trying to recommit to my streamlined list of 2013 goals. I feel like I have so much to think about these days!
* still thinking about this post and the idea of using new-to-you things right away or waiting to decide if the new thing should be returned. I think I want to write about this, but I’m not exactly sure how it fits into thoughtful consumerism.
* enjoying pumpkin spice flavors. Not in latte form, but in my family’s favorite pumpkin muffins or a bite of Paul’s whole-wheat apple pancakes at Kerbey Lane over the weekend. (Okay, there was probably no pumpkin in his pancakes, but apples are pumpkin’s fruity fall cousin, right?)
* thinking about how it makes so much sense to me that in relationships, we share responsibility for feelings. Feelings are dynamic, malleable experiences, influencing and influenced by each other. People are happier and things go more smoothly when we acknowledge that nurturing a relationship is a shared act of love.
* Just for fun, how about a fun set of formulas for fall outfits? Simple and inspiring.
Happy Hump Day, everyone!